Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lauren Fest 2011

Each year I get to celebrate Lauren Fest 2011.  It is one of my favorite weekends of the year!!  I am very blessed in many ways, but I usually try not to brag about how a lot of the things that go my way, but I have no shame in bragging about the weekend that is known as Lauren Fest.  Lauren's birthday happens to fall on the day before Valentines Day.  Ha, all joking aside, I do have a great time celebrating Lauren's weekend.  So far we are having so much fun in the long weekend I am getting to spend with her.

So, in commeration of Lauren aging by another year I am going to give you 22 things that you may or may not know about the birthday girl (a total rip of my my soon-to-be-brother-in-law, Lane).

22) She loves McDonalds more than any 22 year old should.
21) #22 probably stems from her favorite childhood pretend game, where her and her sister played McDonalds Drive-Thru.
20) Not that this is news to anybody, but she has a blanket.
19) She gets very stressed if things aren't organized or clean, which makes me happy that she is going to be on top of our dwelling in the near future.
18) She still loves Nick and Jessica, and the show Newlyweds, even though they are long divorced.
17) She played varsity basketball when she was in middle school, and was dominate.
16) Lauren hates losing almost as much as me.
15) Although she isn't alwasy the best multi-tasker, she is a great driver....especially for a girl.
14) I am fully convinced that Lauren is very excited and ready to get married, but I think she is even more excited about getting done with school.  She has been counting down the days for over a year.
13) If Lauren had all the riches in the world and could do whatever she wanted every day (other than help people, which would be her first action), she would live in a hotel and get a massage.
12) As much as work can consumes her free time she has fallen in love with OSU sports, which bodes nicely for me.
11) Lauren reads about 45 blogs daily.  I don't know if this is the real number, and I am actually scared to ask.
10) Lauren's favorite NBA basketball player is Dwayne Wade, and she hates Hakim Noah.
9) Her love language is words of encouragement, so any are appreciated (for either of us, ha)......
8) Lauren is surprisingly not scared of the "big city".  Coming from small town Oklahoma she has never seemed overwhelmed in our trips to Chicago, New York, San Francisco, as well as the times when she has navigated herself around Dallas.
7) Lauren's favorite movie is Sweet Home Alabama.
6) I burnt her a CD of a few of what I though were her favorite songs for her new car when we got it a few months ago, but the only song she listens to on the CD is Miley Cyrus.
5) Lauren has a huge heart, it makes her sad just when she sees someone else in pain or lonely.
4) Lauren has a weak stomach, she has passed out and nears throwing up anytime something bloody comes on TV.
3) She loves going to see movies in theatre (we are leaving to see No Strings Attached in 30 minutes), but I don't remember ever making it through a movie we rented without her falling asleep.
2) Lauren loves surprises and flowers.
1) Lauren is so great to her family and loves them so much.

1 comment:

  1. She also passes out when others pass out and she thinks they are dead. I know this from experience. lol Happy Lauren FEST!!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete